Friday 9 October 2009

Goslar, Germany

Goslar, a small town in the Harz mountains in the middle of Germany. It's great to stop finally visit somewhere quiet and serene after Berlin. I've always liked visiting villages and small towns, something in them that conjures those romanticised quaint images. The weather was a bit of a letdown, it was cloudy and grey so my photos didn't reveal the real riotous colours that permeates the streets and facades.

Goslar was definitely not used to mass international tourism, the tourist info didn't speak English so this was the first time that I had to speak German. And I actually like German. I used to think it's harsh but now that I've learnt it a bit, it's growing on me. My efforts at trying seemed to draw friendly smiles but maybe I sounded ridiculous or I've been saying the wrong things. But in any way it was a necessity to speak German, no one speaks English here.

There's a lot of Muslims here so here I end my painful vegetarianism. So Goslar was a good day out.






i

0 comments: