Sunday 4 October 2009

Poznan, Poland

Clock tower in the Old Market Square (Stary Rynek)

I made a brief stop at Poznan which was unplanned but like Gdansk, it was another pleasant surprise. Poznan is a fast-paced booming economic centre and feels like a bigger town maybe because the postwar restoration are much more extensive here. On the train from Gdansk, I met two guys that were on their way to partying in Wroclaw (love this word!). They were obviously readying themselves with the party mood having brought with them plenty of beer. In what they said as typical Polish hospitality, they kept offering me beer about 20 times which I had to refuse everytime. It makes no sense to them that some people just don't drink! Reminded me of Karolina when we first got to know each other in Liverpool - when told that I don't drink vodka she reacted "WHAT! YOU DON'T DRINK VODKA!". And that was a classic.

The Old Market town before swarmed with German tourists


Colourful and playful facades distinctive to this part of the world

A yummy wedding cake town

0 comments: