Saturday 10 October 2009

The train from Goslar to Rome

From Goslar to Rome was quite exhausting. Goslar is a small isolated mountain town so I had to take the train to the nearest big city which was Hannover. So the plan was simple - Hannover-Frankfurt-Milan-Rome. But my train in Goslar was 30 mins late and when I got to Hannover, the train to Frankfurt was cancelled like most trains on that day, so it was mayhem in Hannover train station. (I thought Germans are punctual!). Finally managed with my rudimentary German to get another train to Frankfurt via a change at Fulda. Despite travelling at 250kmph, these super trains only got me there about few mins before the train to Milan departs. By the time I got on the train in Frankfurt, I just collapse on my bed and woke up next morning in sunny warm Italy.

0 comments: