Thursday 1 October 2009

Leaving England

Finally I've left England - adopted home of 4 years and country of birth- for Malaysia.

Mixed feelings are all I can say to describe yet another dramatic change of era. From being a carefree student to an adult (with real responsibilities and apparently you're supposed to get a job as well). I'm extremely sad to leave my good friends in Sheffield and if I may add to the melodrama, I do feel like a part of me has been torn apart and left in those desolate green hills - some in Sheffield, some in Manchester and the rest in Brierfield. Also the thought of never coming back is haunting if not illogical. But in a way, I'm glad to have met all of my colourful multicultural multilingual multinational friends and they will always be a force that will take me back to England and Europe.

But at the same time, I'm quite excited to embark on yet another epic journey that will take me from Gdansk in Poland across Europe to the ancient Holy Lands of the Levant and continuing on to Cairo where my journey will end. Hopefully I will get to learn a lot of new things as well and arrive there safely.

0 comments: